Registration - Confirmation Sponsors
To be completed by the sponsor
A sponsor serves as a model of Christian living for the individual he/she is sponsoring. A sponsor must:
Be a Catholic who:
- Has been baptized
- Has received Confirmation and Holy Communion in the Catholic Church.
- Is currently living a sacramental life (attending Sunday Mass, regularly going to the sacrament of Reconciliation).
- Is not living a life of habitual serious sin.
- (if applicable) Is in a marriage recognized as valid according to the Catholic Church.
- Be at least sixteen years of age.
- Not be a parent of the individual to be Confirmed.
Consider having your children's baptismal godparents take up the role of Confirmation sponsor; it provides a great connection with their baptism.