Center for Academic Excellence
Tuition Assistance / Financial Aid
What is Scrip?
SCRIP is a store gift card that costs you nothing more than the retail cost to make a purchase from your favorite merchant. For example, you pay $25 for a $25 gift certificate to the merchant of your choice. The school benefits because the participating merchant pays the school a percentage of the total amount purchased. This is a "win-win" situation for you, the school, and the merchant. Our SCRIP profits directly support our teacher education and financial aide programs at St. Thomas. The vast majority of our school families participate in this program and due to their support we made $170,000 in profit last year (2006-2007 school year) from selling $1.8 million dollars in SCRIP.
How to Order Scrip
Are you waiting for us to make a Scrip Order? Well, no more! We're ready to accept your order for Scrip 24/7 on our new On-Line Ordering System! Choose your favorite restaurant, store, or other shopping partner, then select the increments of Scrip you want, click submit order, fill out your name, where you want your scrip to be delivered. Order made! Can't be simpler than that! We even send you via e-mail a copy of your order so you that you know it was made! How cool is that?
Ready to make that order? Then CLICK HERE NOW TO ORDER ON-LINE!!
If you would rather download a form, fill it out, and drop it by our office that is fine too!
Tuition Reduction Incentive Program
St. Thomas offers a tuition reduction incentive program (T.R.I.P.) through the SCRIP program. After the first $150 in profit from your SCRIP purchases, St. Thomas will credit you with 50% of the remaining profits from your family's purchases. All families will receive a credit toward their tuition in May. For this program to benefit your family, you must start thinking in terms of using SCRIP for all your family's needs. Bring in family and business orders or talk with your friends about buying all their movie tickets or grocery store purchases through SCRIP. You can bring in any order and your family gets credit!
Are You a Fry's or Basha's / AJ's Shopper?
- Purchase a gift card for $5 at the SCRIP table or through an order envelope.
- It is good for a $5 purchase. When you get to the cashier, any dollar amount can be added to your STA Fry's/Basha's/Aj's card before your purchases are made. You may reload the card using cash, debit, credit or check.
- Fry's and Basha's/AJ's pays our school 6% every time you reload the card and the profit is tracked back to our school.
- Each family's profit is tracked and all the cards you purchase or sell to family and friends will be credited to your T.R.I.P. account.
- Kroger corporation owns Fry's, so these cards can be used at any Kroger stores nationally.
Are You a Safeway Shopper?
Sign up your Safeway club card. You can also sign up your Credit Card and Debit Cards at www.escrip.com. Each time you use your Credit Cards with an escrip merchant you will earn $$ for STA. You can also see a list of the merchants at the same web site.