Center for Academic Excellence
Tuition Assistance / Financial Aid
After School Sports Overview
After School Sports Director
602-954-9088 Ext. 5212
St. Thomas the Apostle's athletic program is an integral part of the school's curriculum, and, as such, it provides opportunities for instruction, participation, and growth. Our athletic program strives to promote a Christian atmosphere where our athletes promote the ideals of teamwork, sportsmanship, leadership, hard work, self-discipline and respect.
Our goals are to challenge our student athletes to accentuate their Christian values which are essential for the formation into responsible young adults and to strive to be the best they can be on and off the field. Students are encouraged to strive to compete at the highest level their ability and performance will allow. Accordingly, St. Thomas the Apostle provides appropriate levels of competition for each athlete.
As a community, we meet the challenges of our athletic philosophy through the cultivation of the following values:
- A commitment to reinforcing Christian values that recognize the importance of God and Church and the need for community and the value of service to others;
- A commitment to achieving individual and team goals;
- A commitment to diligent preparation, fair play, and self-discipline;
- A commitment to exercise and competition which contributes to the development of an athlete's mental, emotional, and physical well-being;
- A commitment to age and skill appropriate coaching and competition at every level.
Athletic activities are a significant, valuable community effort, which foster loyalty, promote school spirit and student participation, and develop healthy competition and sportsmanship. Goals of the athletic program need to be meaningful to all the members of the community.
Students selected to represent St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic School on an athletic team must realize that the school team requirements come first; league teams, for which the student may be a member, come second.
We are pleased to be offering a quality sports program at St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic School. We are blessed to have parents who share their time and talents coaching our athletes. If you are interested in coaching please fill out the coaches application.